Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

1/27/11

Consignment Sales

It's hard to believe, but the time is quickly approaching for spring consignment sales! This past week I was asked by a couple of consultants if consignment sales are good places for booths, so I thought I would share my answer with everyone. First off, let me say that I have never personally had a booth at a consignment sale. So, everything I share will be what I have heard from others.

If your goal at a consignment sale is tons of sales, then they may not be the best place for you to have a booth. Remember that moms at consignment sales are there because they want a deal, they aren't looking to pay full retail for ANYTHING! However, if you go into the event with the goal of booking spring home parties and finding recruits, then the event can be a home run! So, here are some ways you can accomplish your goal of using a consignment sale booth to fill your spring calendar AND find recruits:
  • Share how they can earn books for FREE by hosting their own home party...moms at consultant sales LOVE to hear the word "free." Hahaha! You may even have a sign in a cheap acrylic frame that says, "Ask me how you can earn these books for FREE!"
  • Have a drawing for $20 in free books. I got the drawing slips I use at booths from another consultant. I think they are great because they ask you to mark your interest in hosting a home party or starting your own business. There are also 4 to a page, so it doesn't use up too much paper to print them. Go here to download the drawing slips I use. WATCH them fill out their drawing slip...if you see them mark "yes" to hosting a home party or becoming a consultant, don't let them get away without booking the party or answering their questions about starting their own Usborne business.
  • Have hostess packets & recruiting packets available for those who book parties or are very interested in joining your team. Nancy Ann also has GREAT recruiting postcards available on her website at www.usborneachievers.com each month...they include the current starter kit information & have a place for you to enter your information before printing. I print them on white cardstock. Email me for the username & password to enter Nancy Ann's site.
  • Have the days you want to book home parties already circled in your calendar. If you already know what days you want to fill, hostesses can choose their date right then & you can immediately give them their hostess packet.
All that being said, you will probably have at least some sales. I would highly recommend having inventory at the booth and letting it be "cash & carry"...in other words, the customer purchases and leaves with the book that day. Another thing to consider when having a booth at a consignment sale is the TIME that is involved. These are all day events that last multiple days. It would probably be a good idea to do the event with others on your team. Tag team it and split times working the booth. :)

If you have had a booth at a consignment sale, please share any other tips you can think of in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment